The Cordoba Foundation will be leading a delegation of British Muslims to Bosnia-Herzegovina this year, between 6/7* July to 15 July. The trip is part of ongoing work by The Cordoba Foundation in Bosnia, namely raising awareness around the massacre in Srebrenica and supporting specific projects.
2012 is the last year before the month of Ramadan coincides with the annual Srebrenica memorial (11th July), thus making it difficult for people to travel for the next few years. Join us this year inshaAllah.
1. Partake in the 11 July 2012 Srebrenica International Anniversary, where the janazah of hundreds of Bosnian Muslims will take place.
2. Observe how Bosnian Muslims have responded and are recovering from the long years of war, destruction and ethnic-cleansing.
3. Discuss and exchange ideas and thoughts about the Muslim experience in Europe and future scenarios.
4. Support a specific fundraising projects.
5. Raise greater awareness of the genocide.
The week-long trip (6/7-15 July) will include visits to important sites and meetings with prominent people, including the Grand Mufti, scholars, families of shuhada, teachers, community leaders, campaigners, families and orphans. The trip will also include recreational and sightseeing activities, including water-rafting and mountain-climbing.
A detailed scheduled will be provided closer to the time of the trip.
Fees inclusive of flights, hotels, transportation inside Bosnia, trips and meetings/briefings. Cost is £800
Deadline for confirmation:
11th July 2012. Confirmation will need to be accompanied by full payment (cash and non-refundable) and the completion of form, below. To arrange payment of fees email: email@example.com (send completed form, along with a copy of a valid British passport to the same address).
1. British citizens do not require visa to enter Bosnia. Non-UK residents will need to apply for visa, which can take time and may result in complications. We are therefore only accepting people who hold British passports.
2. Children are not encouraged on this trip given the packed schedule and extensive travel.
3. Pre-trip briefing and full itinerary will be provided nearer to the date.
4. The Cordoba Foundation will have the final say on the composition of the delegation.
Abdullah Faliq – Organiser 07947 787 222 | firstname.lastname@example.org